Top 6 Business Review of 2019.
- TikTok: The short video app hit 1.5 billion downloads, and is still outperforming Instagram.
- Google: It was fined €1.5 bn by the European Union for abusing its monopoly in online advertising. The misconduct included stopping publishers placing search adverts from competitors on their results pages.
- WeWork: Wework failed to go public, it’s founder and CEO stepped down, and Softbank (a Japanese telecommunications company) bought the 80% of WeWork. I explained you what happened here.
- Disney +: The day after its launch (Nov 13th), the streaming service had already signed up more than 10 million subscribers. Watch out, Netflix!
- Huawei: The US and other countries have banned the use of Huawei’s equipment. They think Huawei is controlled by the Chinese government & that therefore there is a security risk. I explained you everything here.
- Boeing: The plane 737 Max was grounded after it crashed for the second time killing 346 people. It caused huge problems for Boeing as the aircraft represents about half of its commercial plane sales. The CEO was fired.
Leave a comment
Deja un comentario