The 6 things you should know about coronavirus.
- How does COVID-19 spread? From person to person through small droplets from the nose/mouth which are spread when a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales.
- What are the symptoms? Fever, tiredness and dry cough.
- Should I wear a mask?Only if you are ill with COVID-19 symptoms or looking after someone who may have COVID-19.
- Am I going to die? Around 1 out of every 6 people who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill. The mortality rate is about 1%.
- Is there a cure for the virus? Not yet. There is no vaccine or medicine to prevent or treat it.
- How to protect myself. Wash your hands a lot, and cover coughs and sneezes.