Give me some context…
The city of Jerusalem is the main focus of conflict between Israel & the Arabs. Three religions coexist here & believe the city belongs to them:
- Muslims: There is the Dome of the Rock from which Muhammad ascended to the heavens.
- Jews: There is the Western Wall– the only remaining piece of the first temple built for this religion
- Christians: The life, passion and death of Jesus took place here
In 1948, the first Arab-Israeli war took place (the Arabs felt threatened because the Jews were occupying their territories). Explain me the whole the conflict!
The war led to the division of Jerusalem:
- East Jerusalem would remain under Arab control
- West Jerusalem would remain under Israeli control
Why Trump makes history?
After decades of conflict for the control of Jerusalem (arabs vs Israel), Trump is the 1st one to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel (by moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem). The rest of the countries keep recognizing Tel Aviv as Israel’s capital.
Leave a comment
Deja un comentario